Southern California’s Iconic Seaside Resort, Terranea, Partners With Leading Wellness Brands To Host The First Event In A New “Immersive Wellness Series”
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA’S ICONIC SEASIDE RESORT, TERRANEA, PARTNERS WITH LEADING WELLNESS BRANDS TO HOST THE FIRST EVENT IN A NEW “IMMERSIVE WELLNESS SERIES”
The iconic seaside escape shares its annual Summer Celebrations lineup featuring a variety of wellness, family-friendly, adventure, live music, and culinary experiences.
Taking place April 27 29, 2018, the Destination Hotels property will collaborate with mindfulness expert Dr. Elisha Goldstein, holistic wellness institute La Maida, beloved wellness brands Moon Juice, and Meditation Studio to host a weekend of expert discussions, interactive workshops, mindful spa treatments, unique culinary experiences, and more
(Rancho Palos Verdes, CA; March 20, 2018)— Terranea Resort, A Destination Hotel, introduces a new series— “Immersive Wellness at Terranea”—dedicated to nourishing the mind, body, and soul on the Pacific coast. The series will debut with a three-day, two-night weekend retreat April 27 - 29 featuring myriad activities, expert speakers, and interactive workshops each inspired by wellness of the mind. Guests will have the option to book an all-inclusive Full Wellness Retreat Package (including luxury overnight accommodations featuring The Wellness Bungalows at Terranea, all offered wellness experiences, spa treatments, thoughtfully crafted meals and more) or select from mindful experiences available for purchase a la carte.
Perched along the coastal bluffs of Rancho Palos Verdes and spanning 102 acres of pristine, natural beauty, Terranea is uniquely positioned as a destination for wellness. The resort offers and an award-winning, 50,000-square-foot spa and fitness center, sweeping ocean-view lawns, winding hiking trails, beach cove kayaking, relaxing seascape views, a dedicated farm-to-table program (with homegrown harvested honey, sea salts, produce, and more). Since its inception, the resort has been committed to offering guests and visitors leading wellness programming. Underscoring this commitment in 2018, Terranea is partnering with beloved brands and experts in the health and wellness community for its “Immersive Wellness” series, complementing its existing and robust programming with these exclusive, limited-edition experiences.
Highlights of the Full Wellness Retreat Package, include, but are not limited to:
- An intimate, focused session with renowned psychologist, best-selling author, and cofounder of The Center for Mindful Living Dr. Elisha Goldstein about how mindfulness can help calm the anxious mind, offer greater focus at work and empathy toward oneself and others; and cultivate a sense of sustainable happiness
- A “Present at the Table” multi-course, farm-to-table dinner prepared by Terranea’s awardwinning culinary team and facilitated by NAMA-certified Ayurvedic practitioner Anjali Deva from Los Angeles’ integrative wellness center La Maida Institute; guests will explore how food nourishes the mind, body, and soul; promoting a more thoughtful approach to eating and leading to a greater connection to self; dinner is followed by a fireside reflection
- Dedicated spa treatments specifically designed to support wellness of the mind, including Sound Sleep, Cranial Sacral Therapy and Crystal Reflections, available at The Spa at Terranea
- Mindful workshops including “Mindful Space at Home” with Integrative Energy Medicine Practitioner Colette Coletta, and “Meditation and Breathwork” with Holistic Nutrition Coach and Yoga Instructor Courtney Satow
- Complimentary, 3-month subscription to Meditation Studio, an award-winning, 5-star app with over 300 guided meditations from more than 30 leading experts
- Complimentary products from Moon Juice, including Brain Dust , an adaptogenic blend of enlightening superherbs and supermushrooms that help combat the effects of stress to align you with the cosmic flow for great achievement
- Optional Full Moon Yoga Session (open to the public) at 7:00 p.m. on Sunday to close out the weekend with Yoga Instructor Sun Yu; the optional $20 donation is given to a different charitable partner each month; proceeds from April classes will go to the Palos Verdes Peninsula Land Conservancy (PVPLC)
The complete itinerary for the Immersive Wellness at Terranea Full Retreat Package can be found here. The three-day, two-night (April 27 – 29) Full Wellness Retreat Package is available with a luxurious Bungalow Suite ($3,500/person) or an Oceanview King or Double Guestroom ($2,500/person).
Mindful experiences outside of the Immersion Package, available for purchase:
- Friday, April 27; 7:30 – 8:45 p.m. - An interactive mindfulness workshop with renowned psychologist, best-selling author, and co-founder of The Center for Mindful Living Dr. Elisha Goldstein; $30/person
- Saturday, April 28; 8:00 – 9:30 p.m. - “Present at the Table” dinner prepared by Terranea’s award-winning culinary team and led by NAMA-certified Ayurvedic practitioner Anjali Deva from Los Angeles’ holistic wellness institute La Maida; $135/person
“We are delighted to offer a series of events, starting with this retreat, that is dedicated to overall wellbeing,” says Spa Director Sharon Holtz. “Each event will focus on an aspect of ourselves that requires care and attention, with our first weekend retreat focusing on what so many people are developing an interest in: mindfulness and mind health. Our goal with this retreat is to create a three-day sanctuary with the tools, guidance and inspiration with which guests can integrate mindfulness into their lives once they leave the resort.” The Immersive Wellness at Terranea series will continue with two additional retreats, each focusing on a different aspect of wellness, that will take place August 24 – 26, 2018 and November 2 – 4, 2018.
To book the Immersion Package or purchase à la carte tickets, please visit https://store.terranea.com or call 310.265.2740. Due to the intimate nature of select events, space is limited, and early bookings are encouraged. A full schedule of retreat events is available at Terranea.com/store. Additional Immersive Wellness weekends will take place August 24-26, 2018, and November 2-4, 2018.
About Terranea Resort, A Destination Hotel
Located on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea is the premier oceanfront resort in Southern California with 102 acres of unparalleled Pacific Ocean views on the Los Angeles coast. Terranea opened its doors in June 2009 and proudly celebrates a milestone 10th anniversary in 2019: 10 years of service and memorable guest experiences in this scenic Southern California enclave. The resort also offers world-class accommodations that range from hotel suites to bungalows, oceanfront casitas, and luxurious villas, which are also available for purchase as seaside second homes through Terranea Real Estate. Amenities include The Links at Terranea, a nine-hole, par-3 golf course; award-winning 50,000 sq. ft. oceanfront spa, fitness, and wellness center; four swimming pools and a 140-foot waterslide; marea luxury boutique; 135,000 sq. ft. of conference and meeting space; and nine dining venues including signature, coastal fine dining restaurant mar'sel; catalina kitchen, serving a New American menu showcasing the bounty of California in a comfortably chic environment; Nelson's, a cliffside spot ideal for whale watching; newly opened wellness eatery solviva; and Asian-inspired bashi. Terranea takes pride in its farm-to-Terranea culinary philosophy that focuses on utilizing local and sustainable ingredients. Terranea's bountiful land boasts herb and vegetable gardens, lemon groves, bee hives, farm-fresh eggs, a Sea Salt Conservatory, and more. In addition, the resort’s team of expert Experience Concierge members at the dedicated Experience Center help guests discover and explore Terranea’s rich terrain that includes miles of scenic coastal trails, a secluded beach cove, and ocean environments. Fun, enriching programs and activities such as falconry, archery, kayaking, and paddle boarding also abound. Terranea Resort is owned by a joint venture comprised of Lowe and JC Resorts, managed by CoralTree Hospitality Group, and is a member of the American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts program and Virtuoso Travel Network. Since its opening, Terranea Resort has been named one of Travel + Leisure’s “500 Best Hotels in the World” and earned a spot on Condé Nast Traveler’s “Readers’ Choice Awards” and “Gold List.” The resort also received the “Best of Award of Excellence” from Wine Spectator and has been recognized numerous times on U.S. News & World Report's “Best U.S. Hotels” list. In 2019, Terranea was designated a Great Place To Work-Certified™ company by Great Place to Work. For additional information about Terranea Resort, visit www.terranea.com, call 866.261.5873, or follow Terranea on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
About Destination Hotels
Destination Hotels (Destination) is a collection of luxury and upscale independent hotels, resorts, and residences across the United States. Offering authentically immersed and enriching experiences, each property is individual at heart, yet connected by a commitment to drawing upon the best of each location. Highly distinct, the Destination experience is always memorable and matchless; guests will feel the locale in a genuine way through each property and during the engaging moments cultivated both in and outside of them. Continuously growing with more than 40 properties from coast to coast, the award-winning portfolio features 20 renowned golf courses, 20 indigenous spas, and 110 exceptional bars and restaurants. Destination Hotels are true to our place; diverse by design. For more information, visit www.destinationhotels.com. Follow us on Twitter: @Destination. Like us on Facebook: DestinationHotels.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT WAGSTAFF WORLDWIDE email@example.com | 323.871.1151