Terranea Resort Accessibility
Terranea Resort (“we”, “us” or “Terranea”) celebrates individuality and is committed to creating exceptional experiences for all our guests, including those with disabilities. We aim to provide a smooth and seamless experience at hotels we manage, and on our websites. We aim to offer high levels of hospitality to all our guests, regardless of any permanent or temporary disability, medical condition or other specific requirement. This Accessibility Statement is designed to give you the information you need to assess how effectively our managed properties and our websites can meet your particular needs.
For your accessibility needs, the following features are available at Terranea:
General Resort and Public Areas
- Hotel complies with ADA Guidelines.
- Hotel complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Level or ramp entrance into the building.
- Accessible public entrances.
- Accessible public restrooms throughout property.
- Visual/Flash/Strobe alarms for hearing impaired in guestrooms, hallways, public areas, and facilities.
- Audible alarms in guestrooms, hallways, public areas, and facilities.
- Accessible registartion and concierge desks.
- Accessible elevators.
- Accessible parking, including Handicap designated parking close to main resort lobby.
- Ramp access to free public parking lot.
- The resort’s valet service, when offered, accepts vehicles specifically outfitted for wheelchair users.
- Accessible transportation with advance notice.
- Evacuation chair available to help evacuate a disabled person in case of emergency.
- Accessible route from the public entrance (using ramps, elevators or lift access) to:
- Registration area
- Valet area
- Guest rooms(floors 1-7) in Lobby Building
- All Ballrooms, Meeting Facilities, and Executive Boardrooms in the Lobby Building
- All lower floors of Bungalows, Casitas and Villas
- All Ballrooms, Meeting Facilities, Prefunction Areas and Executive Boardrooms in the Lobby Building
- The Spa and Fitness Center
- The Links
- pointe discovery
- marea boutique
- The Main Resort Family Pool
- The Vista Pool
- cielo point Pool
- The Spa Pool
- The public beach cove
- sea beans restaurant
- catalina kitchen restaurant
- mar'sel restaurant
- bashi restaurant
- Nelson's restaurant
- Lobby Bar and Lounge restaurant
- The Spa Cafe at solviva restaurant
- Public Areas/Facilities accessible for physically challenged.
- Swimming pool hoist available at all resrot pools and hot tubs for pool access.
- TTY for guest use.
- Accessible exercise facility at The Spa at Terranea.
- Associates will read printed and/or visual information to guests upon request.
- Associates have clear view masks available to be used when we are communicating with a guest, associate or vendor who needs to read lips and is having difficulty doing so given the current face covering.
- Wireless cloud printing and additional business services at the Front Desk.
- Terranea Resort is pet friendly and able to accommodate service animals where appropriate. Please see pet policy for details.
- Room Accessible by Request.
- Rooms accessible to wheelchairs (no steps).
- Lowered emergency evacuation instructions in accessable rooms.
- Bathroom doors at least 35" inches wide.
- Grab bars in bathroom.
- Accessible guest rooms with mobility features with entry or passage doors that provide 35” of clear width.
- Bedroom doors at least 32" inches wide (812mm).
- Closed captioning on televisions or closed captioning decoders in all rooms.
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible entrance to the meeting room/ballroom area.
- Assistive listening devices for meetings upon request
- Accessible meeting rooms
- Restaurant staff will read menus for individuals requiring assistance upon request
- Resort ramps and walkways are sufficiently wide and free of cracks, holes or other hazards, free of obstructions or unsecured carpeting.
Property Accessibility Information
Our websites allow guests the means to locate and book rooms with accessibility features. To assist our guests:
- Hotel accessibility features can be seen when viewing a hotel’s website
- Room descriptions include accessibility features
Terranea bases our web accessibility standards on the Web Content Accessibility (WCAG) 2.0, levels A and AA. Our work is intended to provide our guests with accessible content and a meaningful digital experience. We are providing more accessible web content through:
- Staff and resources that focus on digital accessibility
- Performing accessibility testing and analysis of new and updated web content along with outside support on a regular basis
- Training our web content teams and requiring our partners to make accessible design and development a fundamental element of all web content
- Including accessibility analysis when we procure third party systems or upgrades to existing systems
Our goal is to surpass the expectations of all our guests. We welcome your feedback and encourage our guests to provide comments in the following ways:
For technical accessibility issues, contact our support team. Call (310) 494-7891
Please send any comments or questions to the address below:
Attn: Website Content Manager
100 Terranea Way
Rancho Palos Verdes , California 90275