Terranea Resort Updates
Terranea Resort deeply values the health and well-being of its guests and associates. As part of its ongoing commitment and in partnership with American Hotel & Lodging Association, California Hotel & Lodging Association, and Ecolab, Terranea has conducted a comprehensive review and enhancement of its existing high standards of service and care to promote a safe and comfortable stay. Out of respect for the wellness of our guests and associates, the resort is a smoke-free and cashless property.
Terranea has implemented the American Hotel & Lodging Association’s Safe Stay industry-wide initiative, developed under the guidance of its Advisory Council, comprised of industry leaders representing all segments of the hotel industry, and in conjunction with public health experts to advance best practices for protecting against the coronavirus. Terranea is Clean + Safe Certified by the California Hotel & Lodging Association (CHLA). Incorporating recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the California Department of Public Health, and county health departments, CHLA has established standards for guest and employee cleanliness, workplace cleaning and safety, and changing guest experiences. In addition, the resort has developed enhanced standards of care and cleanliness, as well as training and protocols, in partnership with cleaning industry expert Ecolab, with over 100 years of experience in assisting hospitality, public health, food safety and hygiene services.
- Due to California and Los Angeles County restrictions Active Fitness Lap swimming is available at cielo point pool and Vista pool for all in-house guests. However, at this time the family pool and Spa pool are closed until further notice. Poolside service is currently unavailable.
- The Links golf course is open for advanced tee times; all players and spectators playing in the same tee time must be from the same household. At this time, rental clubs, all practice and putting greens, including golf studios, and complimentary golf Q&A are currently unavailable.
- In accordance with new mandates from Los Angeles County, indoor and outdoor dining is temporarily suspended. Terranea will continue to offer carryout service for meals to-go from sea beans for both resort guests and the local community. Resort guests may also enjoy contactless in-room dining in the comfort of their guestrooms. We look forward to providing you with a taste of Terranea at home! Please note guests are required to wear masks and keep physical distance.
- Housekeeping services have been placed on hold to avoid additional contact, however, our housekeeping department will be more than happy to provide additional items if requested. If staying 4 nights or more, we will provide housekeeping service on the second night/third day.
- Instructions for a self-guided nature walk around property are available at pointe discovery.
- marea and pointe discovery retail boutiques are open with limited guest access.
- Public trail and beach cove access is subject to government guidelines and may be limited or restricted for resort guests and local visitors. We encourage you to follow the guidelines from the City of Rancho Palos Verdes regarding the Palos Verdes Nature Preserve, parks, beaches, community centers, amenities and trails. For more information, visit RPVCA.gov.
- All other facilities are temporarily closed until further notice.
Terranea is also extending travel planning flexibility for guests with a 24-hour cancellation and rebooking policy for Guestrooms and Suites; 72-hour cancellation and rebooking policy for Bungalows, Casitas, and Villas. Additional information regarding the new standards of care that guests may anticipate during their stay may be found at www.terranea.com/promise. For special offers, visit www.terranea.com/offers or call 866.261.5873.
For timely travel updates and safety guidelines, we are continuing to share relevant industry information:
- U.S. Travel Association Resource Page: https://www.ustravel.org/coronavirus
- Official California State Government Website: https://covid19.ca.gov/travel/
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
- California Department of Public Health: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/nCOV2019.aspx
- LA County Public Health: http://www.publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/
- American Hotel & Lodging Association (AH&LA): https://www.ahla.com/covid-19-resource-center
Thank you for your ongoing dedication and loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you back to your front row seat for sunshine, sparkling waves, and ocean breezes, all on the Southern California coast.
Terranea Resort Leadership