Terranea Resort Updates
August 7, 2020
Terranea Resort deeply values the health and well-being of its guests and associates. As part of its ongoing commitment and in partnership with American Hotel & Lodging Association, California Hotel & Lodging Association, and Ecolab, Terranea has conducted a comprehensive review and enhancement of its existing high standards of service and care to promote a safe and comfortable stay. Out of respect for the wellness of our guests and associates, the resort is a smoke-free and cashless property.
Terranea has implemented the American Hotel & Lodging Association’s Safe Stay industry-wide initiative, developed under the guidance of its Advisory Council, comprised of industry leaders representing all segments of the hotel industry, and in conjunction with public health experts to advance best practices for protecting against the coronavirus. Terranea is Clean + Safe Certified by the California Hotel & Lodging Association (CHLA). Incorporating recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the California Department of Public Health, and county health departments, CHLA has established standards for guest and employee cleanliness, workplace cleaning and safety, and changing guest experiences. In addition, the resort has developed enhanced standards of care and cleanliness, as well as training and protocols, in partnership with cleaning industry expert Ecolab, with over 100 years of experience in assisting hospitality, public health, food safety and hygiene services.
Available services and amenities for resort guests with overnight accommodation reservations include:
- The Resort Pool, cielo point, The Spa Pool, and Vista Pool are open with physical spacing and monitoring. The water slide, hot tubs and splash pad are currently closed due to LA County regulations.
- The Links golf course is open for advanced tee times. At this time, rental clubs, all practice and putting greens, including golf studios, and complimentary golf Q&A are currently unavailable.
- In accordance with the LA County Department of Public Health, select dining offerings with limited menus are available for takeaway/carry out for both local day guests and overnight resort guests; dining is available for outdoor seating at bashi, catalina kitchen, mar’sel, Nelson’s, and sea beans exclusively for resort guests with reservations. Please note guests are required to wear masks and keep physical distance when applicable; party size is limited per table. Contactless in-room dining is also available for resort guests to enjoy.
- Housekeeping services have been placed on hold to avoid additional contact, however, our housekeeping department will be more than happy to provide additional items if requested. If staying 4 nights or more, we will provide housekeeping service on the second night/third day.
- The purchase of alcoholic beverages must be accompanied by a meal, in accordance with the LA County Department of Health guidelines.
- At this time, spa amenities remain temporarily closed; select 60-minute treatments at The Spa at Terranea are available for overnight resort guests only in private outdoor cabanas, with limited availability and reservations required. All offerings are subject to availability and change. The Spa facility will expand additional offerings in accordance with the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health guidelines.
- Adventure activities such as guided coastal hikes, falconry, and more, are also available with physical spacing and monitoring.
- marea and pointe discovery retail boutiques are open with limited guest access.
- Public trail and beach cove access is subject to government guidelines and may be limited or restricted for resort guests and local visitors. We encourage you to follow the guidelines from the City of Rancho Palos Verdes regarding the Palos Verdes Nature Preserve, parks, beaches, community centers, amenities and trails. For more information, visit RPVCA.gov.
- All other facilities are temporarily closed until further notice.
Terranea is also extending travel planning flexibility for guests with a 24-hour cancellation and rebooking policy for Guestrooms and Suites; 72-hour cancellation and rebooking policy for Bungalows, Casitas, and Villas. Additional information regarding the new standards of care that guests may anticipate during their stay may be found at www.terranea.com/promise. For special offers, visit www.terranea.com/offers or call 866.261.5873.
For timely travel updates and safety guidelines, we are continuing to share relevant industry information:
- U.S. Travel Association Resource Page: https://www.ustravel.org/coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
- California Department of Public Health: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/nCOV2019.aspx
- LA County Public Health: http://www.publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/
- American Hotel & Lodging Association (AH&LA): https://www.ahla.com/covid-19-resource-center
Thank you for your ongoing dedication and loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you back to your front row seat for sunshine, sparkling waves, and ocean breezes, all on the Southern California coast.
Terranea Resort Leadership