Luxuriously poised above coastal bluffs with sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean, Terranea Resort, (pronounced “terra-NAY-a”) debuted in June 2009 as the only luxury destination resort on the Los Angeles coast.
Dramatically evoking design elements that showcase the Pacific Coast with an elevated Mediterranean spirit, Terranea Resort offers a variety of luxury accommodations for a variety of guest needs - including spacious suites, luxurious residential-style accommodations, and 228 fire pits and fireplaces. From overnight getaways to extended stays, experience the comforts of home thoughtfully combined with elevated amenities that transform any stay from ordinary to extraordinary.
Luxurious resort amenities spotlight eight distinct dining experiences, a full-service spa and fitness center, award-winning golf course, four swimming pools, kids’ club, ecological enrichment programs, and 135,000 sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor wedding and event space.
Terranea Resort is located on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, one of Southern California’s most scenic and coveted coastlines overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Catalina Island. Guests enjoy a luxury oceanfront escape in this natural haven, conveniently located 30 minutes from both Los Angeles International and Long Beach airports and just 30 miles southwest of Downtown Los Angeles.
Terranea Resort’s spacious guest retreats exude a warm and luxurious feel with comfortable furnishings and private balconies that overlook elegant gardens and breathtaking ocean vistas. The resort has been meticulously designed to heighten and preserve the natural beauty of its oceanfront backdrop, showcasing a coastal Mediterranean aesthetic with design elements sensitive to the area’s natural environment.
Terranea’s 360-room hotel offers 326 guest rooms and 31 suites that range from 450 sq. ft. to the 2,200 sq. ft. Presidential Suite. Features include rich linens, stone baths and refined luxurious amenities. For added space and privacy, guests can choose from 50 three-bedroom ocean view casitas and 32 villas that range from 1,850 sq. ft. to 2,800 sq. ft. in size with spacious kitchens and living areas. Room lock-off capabilities offer added flexibility for groups of any size. For relaxing wellness retreats, the resort also offers The Bungalows at Terranea, 20 two-bedroom bungalows, equipped with spa and fitness-themed amenities and located adjacent to the spa.
RESORT AMENITIES & SERVICES
- Eight dining options, from full-service to casual fare
- 50,000 sq. ft. spa and fitness center complete with 25 treatment rooms and an oceanfront yoga and movement studio
- Nine-hole, par-3 golf course
- 135,000 sq. ft. of flexible indoor and outdoor meeting and event space
- Four heated swimming pools, including the Resort Pool with a 140-foot waterslide, two adults-only pools, and the Vista Pool for guests ages 13 and older
- Children’s splash zone
- Kids’ Club
- Discovery Trail nature walk and hiking trail and secluded beach cove
- Experience Concierge to assist with sea and land adventures such as ocean kayaking, paddle boarding, and falconry
- Complimentary on-property activities including: self-guided nature walks, meet & greet with the resort's falconer, scavenger hunts, and sunset ritual
- Tennis at Peninsula Racket Club via complimentary shuttle
- Boutique retail shops
- Standard printing in Lobby via QR code
- 228 fire pits and fireplaces
- 24-hour concierge
- Separate group check-in desk