Poised above coastal bluffs with sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean, Terranea Resort, (pronounced “terra-NAY-a”) debuted in June 2009 as the only luxury destination resort on the Los Angeles coast. The Mediterranean-inspired resort provides a sophisticated retreat for guests with a relaxed ambiance and panoramic seascape views.
Celebrated for its natural beauty, the 102-acre estate features 582 guestrooms and suites, including spacious casitas and villas, and The Bungalows at Terranea, a collection of guest accommodations featuring spa and wellness-focused amenities. Other luxurious resort amenities spotlight eight distinct dining experiences, a full-service spa and fitness center, award-winning golf course, four swimming pools, kids’ club, ecological enrichment programs, and 135,000 sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor wedding and event space.
Terranea is located on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, one of Southern California’s most scenic and coveted coastlines overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Catalina Island. Guests enjoy a tranquil escape in this natural haven, conveniently located 30 minutes from both Los Angeles International and Long Beach airports and just 30 miles southwest of Downtown Los Angeles.
100 Terranea Way
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
Phone: (866) 547-3066
Fax: (310) 265-2700
Terranea Resort has been meticulously designed to heighten and preserve the natural beauty of its oceanfront backdrop, showcasing a coastal Mediterranean aesthetic with design elements sensitive to the area’s natural environment. Each of the resort’s 582 spacious guest retreats exudes a warm and luxurious feel with comfortable furnishings and private balconies that overlook elegant gardens and breathtaking ocean vistas.
Terranea’s 360-room hotel offers 326 guest rooms and 34 suites that range from 450 sq. ft. to the 1,800 sq. ft. Presidential Suite. Features include rich linens, stone baths and amenities such as flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations and Wi-Fi access. For added space and privacy, guests can choose from 50 three-bedroom ocean view casitas and 32 villas that range from 1,850 sq. ft. to 2,800 sq. ft. in size with spacious kitchens and living areas. Room lock-off capabilities offer added flexibility for groups of any size. For relaxing wellness retreats, the resort also offers The Bungalows at Terranea, 20 two-bedroom bungalows, equipped with spa and fitness-themed amenities and located adjacent to the spa.
GUEST ROOM AMENITIES
• Private balcony or patio
• European-style luxury linens
• Four-fixture stone baths and L’Occitane amenities
• 65” Flat-screen televisions
• Unlimited in-room WiFi
• Large in-room safe
• In-room phone that is USB and Bluetooth compatible
• Premium touches including hardwood floors, granite countertops, vaulted ceilings, spa baths, and indoor and outdoor fireplaces
RESORT AMENITIES & SERVICES
• Eight dining options, from full-service to casual fare
• 50,000 sq. ft. spa and fitness center complete with 25 treatment rooms and an oceanfront yoga and Pilates studio
• Nine-hole, par-3 golf course
• Four heated swimming pools, including the Resort Pool with a 140-foot waterslide, two adults-only pools, and the newly opened Vista Pool for guests ages 13 and older
• Children’s splash zone
• Tide Pool Kids’ Club and Adventure Camp
• Discovery Trail nature walk and hiking trail and secluded beach cove
• Experience Concierge to assist with land and sea adventures such as falconry, ocean kayaking, paddle boarding, and watersports
• Complimentary on-property activities including bocce ball, croquet and other outdoor recreational activities
• Tennis at Peninsula Racket Club via complimentary shuttle
• Boutique retail shops
• 135,000 sq. ft. of flexible indoor and outdoor meeting and event space
• Full-service business center
• 228 fire pits and fireplaces
• 24-hour concierge
• Separate group check-in desk
To ensure a harmonious effect the combined efforts of Hill Glazier Architects and Scheurer Architects produce a destination resort that is an elegant blend of authentic Mediterranean design, coupled with the ecological and aesthetic characteristics of the natural habitat of this rare coastline location.
At first glance, this eco-friendly resort appears to be two and three stories high as it gently falls away to four and five stories toward the sea to embrace the coastal views. In addition, there is seamless transition between indoor and outdoor spaces to take full advantage of the location's ideal climate and natural beauty.