We are delighted to welcome you to Terranea Resort. We have saved you a front row seat for sunshine, sparkling waves, and ocean breezes, all on the Southern California coast.
Terranea Resort continues to implement and abide by the CDC and Los Angeles County Department of Public Health recommendations and mandates for the safety and well-being of our guests and associates.
Terranea Resort remains dedicated to providing superior guest service and amenities to promote a safe and comfortable environment. Staffing levels are carefully monitored and adjusted in accordance with leisure demand and occupancy levels.
The health and well-being of our guests and associates is paramount. As part of our ongoing commitment to you, we have implemented enhanced standards of care and cleanliness to promote a safe and comfortable stay with us. We are outlining some changes you may anticipate during your stay. Thank you for choosing Terranea for your special getaway.
GENERAL PROPERTY INFORMATION
- Terranea Resort has implemented the American Hotel & Lodging Association’s Safe Stay industry-wide initiative, developed under the guidance of its Advisory Council, comprised of industry leaders representing all segments of the hotel industry, and in conjunction with public health experts to advance best practices for protecting against the coronavirus.
- Terranea Resort is Clean + Safe Certified by the California Hotel & Lodging Association. Incorporating recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the California Department of Public Health, and county health departments, CHLA has established standards for guest and employee cleanliness, workplace cleaning and safety, and changing guest experiences.
- Terranea Resort is Sharecare Health Security VERIFIED® with Forbes Travel Guide. Developed by Forbes Travel Guide, the global authority on genuine Five-Star service, and digital health industry leader Sharecare, the comprehensive verification covers more than 360 standards across health and hygiene protocols, cleaning products and procedures, ventilation, physical distancing, the guest experience, and health safety communication with guests and employees.
- The resort has developed enhanced standards of care and cleanliness, as well as training and protocols, in partnership with cleaning industry expert Ecolab, with over 100 years of experience in assisting hospitality, public health, food safety and hygiene services.
- Ecolab and P&G Professional products are used resort-wide, including laundry, housekeeping and dining.
- The entire resort has been deep cleaned and thoroughly sanitized, with products certified by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Multiple sanitation cleanings occur throughout the day to promote safe and comfortable environments for our guests and team. All public spaces will be cleaned and sanitized with leading sanitization products such as Ecolab Peroxide, Clorox Total 360, and more, daily and as needed.
- Hand sanitization stations are located throughout the property.
- Guests care items including hand sanitizer, disposable masks, and gloves, are available from Guest Services at check-in.
- All associates have undergone extensive health and safety training related to our enhanced standards of care promise.
- Our associates wear personal protective equipment, including masks and gloves, and maintain safe distancing from fellow team members.
- The health of our associates is being carefully monitored. All associates participate in temperature and symptom screenings at the beginning of their shift including vendors, contractors and service providers prior to entering the establishment.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURES
- Guests receive a final bill via email prior to departure, so it is not necessary to visit the Front Desk to complete your check-out.
- Transportation throughout the resort is provided upon request via golf carts with acrylic shields for further protection.
- The Guest Services team may be reached by telephone at 310-265-2800 for additional assistance.
- Housekeeping associates wear personal protective equipment throughout the entire cleaning process.
- All surfaces are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected with best in class Ecolab recommended cleaning agents –– with special attention given to high-touch items such as door handles, light switches, thermostats, telephones, remote controls, alarm clocks, drapery pulls, furniture knobs, appliances, faucet handles, and toilet and shower handles. View sample deep cleaning touchpoints for Casita Suites and Standard Lobby Guestrooms.
- Indoor dining, outdoor dining and/or carryout options are available at select restaurants for both resort guests and the local community.
- Contactless in-room dining delivery is available for resort guests.
- Safety barriers have been installed at check-in podiums to provide safe distancing and minimal contact.
- Out of respect for the wellness of our guests and associates, the resort is a smoke-free and cashless property.
- Self-serve buffets, condiments, and utensils have been suspended. All food is served only by team member associates.
- Menus are single-use or sanitized after each use.
- All surfaces are sanitized in between guest seating and with increased regularity at other times.
- The Resort Pool, Vista Pool, and The Spa Pool are currently open to guests, with various hours of operation.
- The boutiques are sanitized with electrostatic equipment, in addition to multiple sanitization cleanings throughout the hours of operation.
- Public trail and beach cove access is subject to government guidelines and may be limited or restricted for resort guests and local visitors. We encourage you to follow the guidelines from the City of Rancho Palos Verdes regarding the Palos Verdes Nature Preserve, parks, beaches, community centers, amenities and trails. For more information, visit RPVCA.gov.
TIDE POOL KIDS CLUB
- At this time, Tide Pool Kids Club remains closed. Families may purchase a Kids Club Family Fun Box to enjoy in-room or outdoors online at Terranea.com/store or at pointe discovery.
- Children are welcomed to enjoy outdoor activity and artistic expression at our Kids Club Discovery Garden! This unique offering and the two-hour session includes curated and themed programming, focusing on an educational art project that explores interesting local landmarks and the natural surroundings of the Palos Verdes Peninsula, for more information visit Terranea.com/experiences.
- Private family experiences are available, for more information visit Terranea.com/experiences.
THE SPA AND FITNESS CENTER
- The Spa at Terranea is currently open, with limited treatment times available and reservations required.
- Indoor and outdoor fitness classes are currently available.
Please contact the Guest Services team if you have any questions. All adapted offerings and standards of care are subject to change based on guidance from the CDC and applicable governmental authorities.