Terranea Turns Pink in Honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month this October
FOR THE THIRD YEAR IN A ROW, THE RESORT WILL DONATE A PORTION OF REVENUE TO CANCER SUPPORT COMMUNITY REDONDO BEACH AND THE BREAST CANCER RESEARCH FOUNDATION
(Rancho Palos Verdes, CA; September 25, 2018) —Terranea Resort , Los Angeles’ premier oceanfront luxury resort, announces its yearly Terranea Turns Pink initiative taking place from October 1-31, 2019. All month long, a portion of the proceeds from spa treatments, golf rounds, adventure activities, pink cocktails and desserts, room stays and more will be donated to breast cancer organizations Cancer Support Community Redondo Beach and the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
“We are delighted to turn pink and raise money for this important cause,” says Terri A. Haack, president of Terranea Resort. “Last year through resort-wide efforts, Terranea raised over $28,000 for breast cancer support and research during ‘Terranea Turns Pink,’ and we hope to exceed this goal with this year’s campaign.”
Some of the specialty offerings guests can expect at Terranea in support of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month are listed below:
- STAY – For every stay in October, Terranea will donate $5.00 in support of breast cancer research. Guests will have the option to match Terranea’s $5.00 donation with an optional add-on when booking their stay in October. (Some restrictions may apply; excludes groups).
- DINE – Resort chefs will don pink chef jackets during the month of October. For every Pink Sling Cocktail and ONEHOPE rosé by the glass purchased at catalina kitchen, bashi and the Lobby Bar, $2.00 and $1.00 (respectively) will be donated to the designated charitable foundations. Nelson’s Signature Crab Cake Sliders will “go pink” and include a $1.00 give-back. Lastly, a selection of rose-hued desserts will be available at sea beans, including pink macarons, strawberry lemonade cupcakes, shortbread cookies, sugar cookie six-packs, brulé kronuts, cake lollipops and cake trifle jars, with $.50 donated for each dessert sold.
- RELAX –$1.00 from each body treatment at The Spa at Terranea will be donated to breast cancer research. The Spa will also have breast exam cards to raise awareness for self-care. Pink strawberry lemonade and a sunset mule cocktail will be served at the Spa Café, with $.50 and $1.00 (respectively) donated for each sold in October. Additionally, on Wednesday, October 24 at 7pm, the resort will be hosting its monthly full moon yoga under the autumn moon. Participants are asked to wear pink attire, bring a yoga mat, and a $20.00 contribution for Cancer Support Community Redondo Beach.
- PLAY –$1.00 from each round of golf at The Links at Terranea will be donated to breast cancer research.
- SHOP – At marea, 10% of all purchases of jewelry brand Gorjana’s pink power gem bracelets and pink Jellycat stuffed animals will be donated to the fund. At pointe discovery, 10% of all purchases of pink Pura Vida bracelets and pink S’well bottles will be donated as well.
- ADVENTURE – For every Archery activity, Terranea will donate $5 in support of breast cancer research. (Advanced reservations are required).
For more information about Terranea Turns Pink, visit .
About Terranea Resort
Located on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea is the premier oceanfront resort in Southern California with 102 acres of unparalleled Pacific Ocean views on the Los Angeles coast. Terranea opened its doors in June 2009 and proudly celebrates a milestone 10th anniversary in 2019: 10 years of service and memorable guest experiences in this scenic Southern California enclave. The resort also offers world-class accommodations that range from hotel suites to bungalows, oceanfront casitas, and luxurious villas, which are also available for purchase as seaside second homes through Terranea Real Estate. Amenities include The Links at Terranea, a nine-hole, par-3 golf course; award-winning 50,000 sq. ft. oceanfront spa, fitness, and wellness center; four swimming pools and a 140-foot waterslide; marea luxury boutique; 135,000 sq. ft. of conference and meeting space; and nine dining venues including signature, coastal fine dining restaurant mar'sel; catalina kitchen, serving a New American menu showcasing the bounty of California in a comfortably chic environment; Nelson's, a cliffside spot ideal for whale watching; newly opened wellness eatery solviva; and Asian-inspired bashi. Terranea takes pride in its farm-to-Terranea culinary philosophy that focuses on utilizing local and sustainable ingredients. Terranea's bountiful land boasts herb and vegetable gardens, lemon groves, bee hives, farm-fresh eggs, a Sea Salt Conservatory, and more. In addition, the resort’s team of expert Experience Concierge members at the dedicated Experience Center help guests discover and explore Terranea’s rich terrain that includes miles of scenic coastal trails, a secluded beach cove, and ocean environments. Fun, enriching programs and activities such as falconry, archery, kayaking, and paddle boarding also abound. Terranea Resort is owned by a joint venture comprised of Lowe and JC Resorts, managed by CoralTree Hospitality Group, and is a member of the American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts program and Virtuoso Travel Network. Since its opening, Terranea Resort has been named one of Travel + Leisure’s “500 Best Hotels in the World” and earned a spot on Condé Nast Traveler’s “Readers’ Choice Awards” and “Gold List.” The resort also received the “Best of Award of Excellence” from Wine Spectator and has been recognized numerous times on U.S. News & World Report's “Best U.S. Hotels” list. In 2019, Terranea was designated a Great Place To Work-Certified™ company by Great Place to Work. For additional information about Terranea Resort, visit www.terranea.com, call 866.261.5873, or follow Terranea on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
About Destination Hotels
Destination Hotels (Destination) is a collection of luxury and upscale independent hotels, resorts, and residences across the United States. Offering authentically immersed and enriching experiences, each property is individual at heart, yet connected by a commitment to drawing upon the best of each location. Highly distinct, the Destination experience is always memorable and matchless; guests will feel the locale in a genuine way through each property and during the engaging moments cultivated both in and outside of them. Continuously growing with more than 40 properties from coast to coast, the award-winning portfolio features 20 renowned golf courses, 20 indigenous spas, and 110 exceptional bars and restaurants. Destination Hotels are true to our place; diverse by design. For more information, visit www.destinationhotels.com. Follow us on Twitter: @Destination. Like us on Facebook: DestinationHotels.