Revel in the Holidays with Terranea Resort's "Traditions"
Terranea Resort Invites Guests to Start New Holiday Traditions with Hot Deals, Festive Eats and Spirited Activities
Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif. (November 19, 2012) Holiday customs both new and old bring family and friends together. This holiday, Terranea Resort invites guests to create memories and celebrate the season with the resort’s fourth annual Traditions event.
Beginning Thanksgiving and continuing through the New Year, Terranea’s Traditions presents a full program of festive fun-filled activities and holiday feasts along with special offers on lodging, dining and more. From a bountiful family-style Thanksgiving dinner and Breakfast with Santa to a Turkey Shoot Out golf tournament and Little Elf’s Workshop, Traditions offers the ultimate way to spend quality time with loved ones.
Below are a series of packages, culinary celebrations and activities that make Terranea Resort the perfect place to escape from the busy holiday season.
Hot Holiday Deals
- Getaway this season and save with the Terranea Traditions package, which includes overnight accommodations and breakfast for two at Catalina Kitchen. Package starts at $350 per night, for travel now through Jan. 10, 2013. Book with promotional code: TRADITIONS.
- Enjoy overnight accommodations and a $75 gift credit, per night, with Terranea’s Together for the Holidays package. Package starts at $340 per night for travel now through Jan. 10, 2013. A minimum two-night stay is required. Book with promotional code: TOGETHER.
- Families gathering for the holidays can spread out in a luxurious Casita or Villa and enjoy savings with the Extend Your Stay package. Book three nights and receive 20 percent off on accommodations, stay five nights and save 30 percent or book seven nights or more to receive 40 percent off plus a $250 gift credit. Valid for visits now through Feb. 28, 2013. Book with promotional code: EXTHOLIDAY.
- Book a stay between Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Nov. 23-26, 2012, and save 35 percent on travel through Feb. 28, 2013. Book with promotional code: BLACKFRIDAY or CYBERMONDAY.
- The New Year’s Eve Club Celebration package includes plush accommodations and two tickets to Terranea’s all-inclusive New Year’s Eve Celebration featuring DJ Dominic Carter, a premium open bar, countdown champagne toast and late night buffet. Rates start at $600 for stays on Dec. 31, 2012. Book with promotional code: NYEGRAND.
- Ring in the New Year with friends and family at Terranea with the New Year’s Eve Family Celebration. Package includes a stay in a two-bedroom Casita, four tickets (two adults, two children) to Terranea’s New Year’s Eve Celebration featuring entertainment for adults and kids, dinner buffet and dessert bar, beverages, party favors and late-night dancing. Rates start at $1,020 for stays on Dec. 31, 2012. Book with promotional code: NYEFAMILY.
- Annual Turkey Shoot Out - Nov. 21. 2012: Features a 9-hole Team Scramble just in time for Thanksgiving. The tournament takes place at the award-winning Links at Terranea, offers prizes for the top three teams and kicks off with a shotgun start at 1:00 p.m. $120 per team of four.
- TREE LIGHTING – Dec. 2, 2012: Celebrate the start of the season with Terranea’s annual tree lighting ceremony. Enjoy lively entertainment, holiday crafts for all ages and spirited music from 5:00 – 6:30 p.m.
- HOLIDAY HAPPENINGS FOR KIDS – Dec. 1-31, 2012: Throughout the month of December, Terranea Traditions presents a range of activities and events to create a magical holiday for children. The Little Elf’s Workshop teaches kids how to create holiday crafts using recycled materials, turning them into festive ornaments, snow globes, wreathes and more. Kids can also send postcards to the North Pole, build Gingerbread Sandcastles, enjoy a Night with the Nutcracker and snuggle up for Holiday Stories by the Fire. At night, Santa’s helpers are available to tuck in children and will come bearing sweet treats and a bedtime story.
- New Year’s Eve Club Celebration – Dec. 31, 2012: Terranea’s grand ballroom will transform into a club and lounge for the evening, featuring DJ Dominic Carter, an open bar with premium spirits, champagne countdown and a late night buffet. Tickets are priced at $175 if purchased by December 15, $195 before Dec. 31, and $220 at the door. Those looking to celebrate with the whole family can attend the New Year’s Eve Family Celebration offering dinner buffet and dessert bar, music and dancing, and special entertainment for the kids. Tickets are $75 for adults, $30 for children ages 5-10 and free for children under five.
TIS’ THE SEASON FOR SPA
- Holiday Rescue: For a pick-me-up during the busy holiday season, The Spa’s Holiday Rescue Package offers the opportunity to pamper yourself inside and out with a choice of a 60-minute personal training session or Pilates class followed by a choice of a Relaxing Classical or Terranea Therapeutic massage. Available through Dec. 31 at $250 per person.
- SCENTS OF THE SEASON: The scents of the season invite spa goers to customize massage experiences with a selection of special holiday aromatherapy blends created by Terranea’s spa mixologists. Guests can infuse treatments with holiday inspired fragrances such as Balsam fir and spices like ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. $195 for 60-minute massage.
- NEW YEAR, NEW DO: As 2012 comes to an end, the Spa at Terranea’s talented stylists will be offering guests makeovers to ring in the New Year. Personal consultations from experts will leave spa goers feeling refreshed, rejuvenated and ready for 2013.
- THANKSGIVING FEASTS – Nov. 22, 2012: With several Thanksgiving dinner options, Terranea Traditions offers something to please every palate. Guests can choose the Thanksgiving ballroom buffet featuring tangerine maple roasted free range turkey along with all the fixings, including apple, chestnut and sage brioche stuffing; yam gratin with marshmallow and pecans; roasted root vegetables and more ($75 per adult, $30 children ages 5-10, children 5 and under dine free). Complete “Turkey-to-Go” meals are also available at sea beans.
- BREAKFAST WITH SANTA - Dec. 15, 2012: Brimming with holiday merriment, music and décor, Terranea welcomes families to enjoy a full breakfast buffet, along with a chance to sit on Santa’s lap and additional activities like crafts with elves. ($40 for adults, $28 for children 2-10, children 2 and under free).
- CHRISTMAS TREATS – Dec. 24-25, 2012: Spend Christmas Eve in Little Italia and Spain with Catalina Kitchen’s family style dinner featuring an eggnog toast, rosemary and garlic “Porchetta” braised California Kurobuta pork shoulder, brussels sprouts with prosciutto and balsamic, scalloped sweet potatoes, buttered mashed potatoes, truffle honey baby carrots and more ($70 per adult, $30 children ages 5-10, children 5 and under dine free). Christmas Day breakfast and dinner buffets will also be offered, as well as a special California family-style Christmas dinner at Catalina Kitchen ($70 for adults, $30 for children 5-10, children 5 and under free) and a festive three-course menu at mar’sel ($95 per person).
- NEW YEAR’S BITES – Dec. 31, 2012 - Jan. 1, 2013: Ring in the New Year with a special New Year’s Eve menu at mar’sel. The dinner for two, priced at $400, includes wine pairing, glass of Don Perignon and admission to the New Year’s Eve Club Celebration in the ballroom. Additional dining options are available including a New Year’s Day breakfast buffet at Catalina Kitchen ($34 for adults, $12 for children 5-10, children 5 and under free).
Conveniently located a mere 30 minutes from LAX, convenient to downtown Los Angeles, Beverly Hills and Orange County, Terranea Resort provides a convenient and ideal escape for the holidays. Family and friends can enjoy eggnog and holiday treats by one of 228 fireplaces, relax with seasonal spa treatments at the award-winning 50,000-square-foot Spa at Terranea; delight in the many festive menus available at the resort’s array of casual and fine-dining restaurants; and even take care of holiday shopping at luxury boutique marea. In the spirit of giving, between Nov. 18-25, Terranea will be donating 10 percent of every purchase made and $5 of every activity booked at Pointe Discovery to charity.
For more information about Traditions at Terranea Resort visit www.terraneatraditions.com or call 310.265.2800.
# # #
About Terranea Resort
Terranea, Los Angeles’ premier oceanfront resort, is located on California’s Palos Verdes Peninsula. Amid unparalleled Pacific Ocean views, guests enjoy world-class accommodations with 582 rooms that range from hotel suites to bungalows, oceanfront casitas and spacious villas, which are also available for purchase as seaside second homes through Terranea Real Estate. Amenities include The Links at Terranea, a nine-hole par three golf course; award-winning 50,000 sq. ft. oceanfront spa and fitness center; three swimming pools and a 140-foot waterslide; marea luxury boutique; 135,000 sq. ft. of conference and meeting space; and eight dining venues, including signature restaurant mar'sel; Nelson's, a cliff-side spot ideal for whale watching; and Asian-inspired bashi, newly opened June 2012. The resort’s innovative activity center and adventure concierge, Pointe Discovery, lets guests discover and explore Terranea’s rich terrain with miles of scenic coastal trails, secluded beach cove and ocean environment. Fun, enriching programs and activities such as habitat photography, falconry, kayorkle and paddle boarding also abound. Terranea Resort is owned by a joint venture comprised of Lowe Enterprises and JC Resorts and managed by Destination® Hotels & Resorts. For more information, visit www.terranea.com, call 866-802-8000 or follow Terranea on Facebook and Twitter.