Make Terranea Resort a Holiday Tradition
Terranea Traditions program offers special rates, fun-filled activities, holiday feasts & more
Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif. (October 16, 2013) Families and loved ones from near and far are invited to celebrate the holiday season with Terranea Resort’s fifth annual Traditions event, presenting a variety of fun-filled activities, holiday feasts and special offers on lodging, dining and more. The coastal resort offers fun for all ages from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Eve, with everything from S’mores and Stories with Santa around the fireplace and Gingerbread Sandcastles to nighttime Elf Tuck-Ins and a Little Elf’s Eco Workshop.
Terranea Traditions also features holiday happenings for adults with seasonal spa offerings, special holiday cocktails, holiday shopping at marea and the ultimate New Year’s Eve celebration, while the Annual Turkey Shoot Out features a 9-hole golf scramble at the Links at Terranea. Additionally, guests and locals alike are invited to indulge in an assortment of Thanksgiving feasts, Christmas festivities and New Year’s Eve dinners to take the hassle out of home cooking.
Below are special rates, spa treatments and holiday feasts available through the Traditions program. For more information on special events, culinary celebrations and family-friendly workshops, visit www.Terranea.com.
- Book a stay between Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Nov. 29 - Dec. 2, 2013, and save 35 percent on travel through Feb. 28, 2014, based on availability. Book with promotional code: BLACKFRIDAY or CYBERMONDAY.
- Get away this season and save with the Terranea Traditions package, which includes overnight accommodations and breakfast for two at Catalina Kitchen. Package starts at $415 per night, for travel Nov. 15, 2013 through Jan. 11, 2014. Book with promotional code: TRADITIONS.
- Families gathering for the holidays can spread out in a luxurious Casita or Villa and enjoy savings with the Extend Your Stay package. Book three nights and receive 15 percent off on accommodations, stay five nights and save 25 percent or book seven nights or more to receive 35 percent off plus a $200 gift credit. Valid for visits Nov. 15, 2013 through Feb. 28, 2014. Book with promotional code: EXTHOLIDAY.
- Sugar and spice makes everything nice during the Spa at Terranea’s 90-minute Pumpkin Spice Detox. The treatment includes a pumpkin spice body scrub, detoxifying pumpkin wrap, and a moisturizing body application of spice lotion. Pumpkin is best known for its high concentration of Beta-Carotene and Vitamin E, two very important antioxidant agents to fight the effects of aging, but it also contains Vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, C, & D. Available through Nov. 30, 2013 for $285.
- Choose between two Naturopathica masks for a 60-minute facial with the added bonus of a lifting eye treatment with Terranea’s A Pear of Pumpkins for Fall offer. Choose either a Pumpkin Mask, formulated for dull or congested skin, or a Pear Fig Mask, a refining mask with pear enzymes and Jojoba beads to promote a polished and glowing complexion. There is also the Pumpkin Latte Pedi with a creamy Butter Brulee whole milk soak followed by a caffeine-infused, whipped caramel body polish. Both treatments are available through Nov. 30, 2013 for $195.
- For a pick-me-up during the busy holiday season, The Spa’s Holiday Rescue Package offers the opportunity to pamper the body inside and out with a choice of a 60-minute personal training session or Pilates class followed by a choice of a Relaxing Classical or Terranea Therapeutic massage. Available through Dec. 31, 2013 at $250 per person.
- Take advantage of the warmth of hot stones to both comfort and relax mind and body with the Champagne on the Rocks treatment to help ease into the New Year. Treatment includes a traditional hot stone massage with the added benefits of specially crafted champagne massage oil. A split of champagne is the perfect ending to this relaxing experience. Available through Dec. 31, 2013 at $200 per person.
- Terranea Traditions is taking the hassle out of home cooking with four Thanksgiving feasts for guests to choose from, featuring the Thanksgiving ballroom buffet with tangerine maple roasted free range turkey along with all the fixings, including apple, chestnut and sage brioche stuffing; yam gratin with marshmallow and pecans; roasted root vegetables and more ($90 per adult, $45 children ages 5-10, children 4 and under dine free). Complete “Turkey-to-Go” meals are also available at sea beans.
- Indulge in the ultimate Christmas Day ballroom buffet at Terranea. The buffet offers something to please every palate, with breakfast offerings such as waffle and omelet stations, cheese and fruit plates, and lunch options including everything from free range turkey with cranberry chutney, sea salt rosemary crusted prime rib to a decadent holiday pastry display. (Dec. 25, 2013 at $90 per adult, $45 children ages 5-10, children 4 and under dine free.)
Conveniently located a mere 30 minutes from LAX, convenient to downtown Los Angeles, Beverly Hills and Orange County, Terranea Resort provides a convenient and ideal escape for the holidays. Family and friends can enjoy eggnog and holiday treats by one of 228 fireplaces; relax with seasonal spa treatments at the award-winning 50,000-square-foot Spa at Terranea; delight in the many festive menus available at the resort’s array of casual and fine-dining restaurants; and even take care of holiday shopping at luxury boutique marea.
For more information about the special events, family-friendly activities and feasts available through Traditions at Terranea Resort, visit www.terranea.com or call 310.265.2800.
# # #
About Terranea Resort
Terranea, Los Angeles’ premier oceanfront resort, is located on California’s Palos Verdes Peninsula. Amid unparalleled Pacific Ocean views, guests enjoy world-class accommodations with 582 rooms that range from hotel suites to bungalows, oceanfront casitas and spacious villas, which are also available for purchase as seaside second homes through Terranea Real Estate. Amenities include The Links at Terranea, a nine-hole par three golf course; award-winning 50,000 sq. ft. oceanfront spa and fitness center; three swimming pools and a 140-foot waterslide; marea luxury boutique; 135,000 sq. ft. of conference and meeting space; and eight dining venues, including signature restaurant mar'sel; Nelson's, a cliff-side spot ideal for whale watching; and Asian-inspired bashi, newly opened June 2012. The resort’s innovative activity center and adventure concierge, Pointe Discovery, lets guests discover and explore Terranea’s rich terrain with miles of scenic coastal trails, secluded beach cove and ocean environment. Fun, enriching programs and activities such as habitat photography, falconry, kayorkle and paddle boarding also abound. Terranea Resort is owned by a joint venture comprised of Lowe Enterprises and JC Resorts and managed by Destination® Hotels & Resorts. For more information, visit www.terranea.com, call 866-802-8000 or follow Terranea on Facebook and Twitter.