Los Angeles’ Terranea Resort Sets the Stage for Romance this Valentine’s Day
This February Couples Can Enjoy a Classic Southern California Retreat along the Coast With Special Offers on Accommodations, Romantic Dining and Spa at Terranea Resort
Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif. (Jan. 15, 2013) – Located along Southern California’s stunning coastline, atop a bluff on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea Resort provides the perfect backdrop for couples looking to escape this Valentine’s Day. Spend the days enjoying the resort’s unparalleled ocean views, hiking along the coastal preserve or indulging at the award-winning spa. At night, enjoy romantic dining under the stars and snuggle up by one of 228 fireplaces and fire pits found throughout the property.
Adding to the allure, Terranea ignites the season of romance with a month-long celebration of special packages and offers sure to warm any heart.
- KISS: The KISS (Keep it Simple Sweetheart) package includes all the necessities for a romantic getaway from plush accommodations to daily breakfast and dinner for two at Catalina Kitchen. Package starts at $560 per night. Book with promotional code: KISSPKG.
- HIS & HERS: Enjoy two nights of luxury accommodations with a round of golf for two at The Links 9-hole, par-3 golf course and two 60-minute treatments at The Spa at Terranea, recently named one of the top five hotel spas in the United States in Travel + Leisure’s annual World’s Best Awards. Rates start at $575 per night, two-night minimum stay required. Book with promotional code: HISHERS.
For those parents wishing to enjoy a romantic jaunt away, but can’t leave the kids at home, Terranea has the solution with the following family packages that provide plenty of alone time for parents.
- DATE NIGHT: Families will delight in spacious two- or three-bedroom Casitas or Villas that feature additional living and dining areas, full kitchen and private outdoor patios; allowing plenty of space for parents to sneak away. Package includes a romantic dinner for two at Catalina Kitchen and two complimentary passes for kids to the Tide Pool Kids Club, where they will enjoy supervised fun throughout the evening. Rates start at $1,255 per night. Book with promotional code: DATENIGHT.
- THURSDAY NIGHT DATE NIGHT: While parents enjoy dinner at one of Terranea’s celebrated restaurants, children ages 2-12 enjoy fun of their own at the Tide Pool Kids Club. The program is offered every Thursday night during the month of February, including Valentine's Day. Thursday Night Kids Club is complimentary. Advance reservations are required.
At The Spa at Terranea, couples can opt for relaxing massages and other treatments alongside the warmth of a fireplace. The Spa is celebrating the month of romance with a series of “love” themed packages available throughout February to help relax, reconnect and rekindle the romance.
- LOVE YOURSELF SPA PACKAGE: For those who need a break or a moment to focus inward, the package includes a full day of pure pampering and relaxation. The day begins with a 60-minute Therapeutic massage, followed by a 60-minute Nature's Lift facial and a manicure and pedicure. Guests will indulge with a glass of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries at the Spa Café along with a healthy lunch and a full-day pass at the spa pool and fitness area. The package is available at $450 per person.
- MÉNAGE A SPA: The 90-minute body treatment is for those who love chocolate and all things decadent. Guests will be exfoliated, wrapped and massaged with the amazing essence of chocolate. Providing the perfect ending, guests receive a glass of champagne and a chocolate trio. The treatment is $280 per person.
All packages are available Feb. 1-28, 2013. For more information and reservations, visit www.Terranea.com, call 1-866-802-8000, or contact your travel professional.
Valentine’s Day would not be complete without a romantic dinner. For the special evening, Terranea’s award-winning signature restaurant mar’sel will present a prix fixe menu, priced at $95 per person, that is sure to spark one’s passion. Diners will delight in dishes such as grilled black mission figs, honey glazed rack of lamb, chicken with saffron risotto and a warm ginger cake. Oysters and chocolate are of course on the menu as well. With stimulating ingredients such as figs, saffron and honey, the meal is sure to stir the senses. Special Valentine's Day menus will also be offered at Terranea's additional dining venues including popular cliff-side eatery Nelson's, Asian-inspired bashi and Catalina Kitchen, offering classic Mediterranean fare.
Enjoy an after dinner cocktail at the Lobby Bar, which has concocted a mix of unique love potions. Infused with ingredients believed to be aphrodisiacs such as chocolate, chili peppers, mangos, vanilla and rosemary, the special Valentine’s Day potables are sure to turn up the heat. Try Potion # 7, a mixture of Chile elixir, Mezcal, lime juice, and chocolate bitters – the ingredients are believed to enhance stimulation, attraction and euphoria. Or opt for Potion # 13, whose ingredients include a blend of Amaretto, chocolate and Absolut vanilla and are said to enhance potency and fertility.
In addition to the allure of the fireside settings and delectable dining, the resort beckons with world-class amenities and a range of unique programs and activities. Enjoy a fun-filled day with one of the exciting aqua- or terra-adventures available through Terranea’s Pointe Discovery center, including falconry, plein-air painting by the sea, romantic hikes along the coastal preserve, horseback riding, paddle boarding and more.
# # #
About Terranea Resort
Terranea, Los Angeles’ premier oceanfront resort, is located on California’s Palos Verdes Peninsula. Amid unparalleled Pacific Ocean views, guests enjoy world-class accommodations with 582 rooms that range from hotel suites to bungalows, oceanfront casitas and spacious villas, which are also available for purchase as seaside second homes through Terranea Real Estate. Amenities include The Links at Terranea, a nine-hole par three golf course; award-winning 50,000 sq. ft. oceanfront spa and fitness center; three swimming pools and a 140-foot waterslide; marea luxury boutique; 135,000 sq. ft. of conference and meeting space; and eight dining venues, including signature restaurant mar'sel; Nelson's, a cliff-side spot ideal for whale watching; and Asian-inspired bashi. The resort’s innovative activity center and adventure concierge, Pointe Discovery, lets guests discover and explore Terranea’s rich terrain with miles of scenic coastal trails, secluded beach cove and ocean environment. Fun, enriching programs and activities such as habitat photography, falconry, kayorkle and paddleboarding also abound. Terranea Resort is owned by a joint venture comprised of Lowe Enterprises and JC Resorts and managed by Destination® Hotels & Resorts. For more information, visit www.terranea.com, call 866-802-8000 or follow Terranea on Facebook and Twitter.
Senior Public Relations Manager
Direct: (310) 265-2857