Los Angeles’ Terranea Resort is the Perfect Setting for Valentine’s Day Romantic Getaways
Couples Enjoy a Southern California Retreat along the Coast with Romantic Getaway Packages offering Accommodations, Dining and Spa at Terranea Resort
Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif. (Jan. 16, 2014) – Located along Southern California’s stunning coastline, atop a bluff on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea Resort, by Destination Hotels & Resorts, provides the perfect backdrop for couples looking to getaway this Valentine’s Day. Spend the days enjoying the resort’s unparalleled ocean views, hiking along the coastal preserve or indulging at the award-winning spa. At night, enjoy romantic dining under the stars and snuggle up by one of 228 fireplaces and fire pits found throughout this Los Angeles property.
In addition to the allure of the fireside settings and delectable dining, this Southern California resort beckons with world-class amenities and a range of unique programs and activities. Enjoy a fun-filled getaway with one of the exciting aqua-terra adventures available through Terranea’s Pointe Discovery center, including falconry, plein-air painting by the sea, romantic hikes along the coastal preserve, horseback riding, paddle boarding and more.
- ROMANTIC RENDEZVOUS: Hit the road for a romantic getaway together and book The Romantic Rendezvous, part of The Terranea Drive Series. This romance experience includes complimentary use of a Lexus vehicle when booking a stay in one of Terranea’s luxurious 1,800 sq. ft. Shearwater Suites. In addition to the expansive ocean-side accommodations, guests have unlimited access to a Lexus vehicle and can go on a GPS guided tour that highlights scenic points of interest including Abalone Cove for a quiet walk, Portuguese Bend for an intimate picnic or Del Cerro Park to watch the sunset. Guests also receive a picnic basket for two from sea beans, a warm and cozy picnic blanket and box of house-made chocolate truffles. After the romantic road trip, guests will find a rose petal turndown when returning to the suite. Rates for stays in the Shearwater Suites start at $1,910 a night. Book with promotional code: LEXUSSUITE.
- KISS: The KISS (Keep it Simple Sweetheart) package includes all the necessities for a romantic Los Angeles getaway, from plush accommodations to daily breakfast and dinner for two at Catalina Kitchen. This romance package starts at $505 per night. Book with promotional code: KISSPKG.
- HIS & HERS: Enjoy two nights of luxury Southern California accommodations and daily breakfast with a round of golf for two at The Links 9-hole, par-3 golf course and two 60-minute treatments at The Spa at Terranea, named one of the top five hotel spas in the United States in Travel + Leisure’s annual World’s Best Awards. Package rates start at $535 per night, two-night minimum stay required. Book with promotional code: HISHERS.
- DATE NIGHT: The perfect night out for parents, the Date Night romance package allows couples to enjoy a romantic dinner for two at Catalina Kitchen while the kids spend the evening at the Tide Pool Kids Club, where they will enjoy supervised fun throughout the evening. Families will delight in spacious two- or three-bedroom Casitas or Villas that feature additional living and dining areas, full kitchen and private outdoor patios; allowing plenty of space for parents to sneak away. Rates start at $1,240 per night. Book with promotional code: DATENIGHT.
- ROMANCE: Reconnect and celebrate at Terranea Resort with a romantic couple's getaway. The Romance Getaway Package includes luxury accommodations, sparkling wine and strawberries, a rose petal bath, and daily breakfast for two at Catalina Kitchen or breakfast in bed. Rates start at $455 per night. Book with promotional code: PROMAN.
At The Spa at Terranea, couples can opt for relaxing massages and other treatments alongside the warmth of a fireplace. The Spa is celebrating the month of romance with a series of “love” themed packages available throughout February to help relax, reconnect and rekindle the romance. All romantic spa packages are available Feb. 1-28, 2014. For more information and reservations, visit www.Terranea.com or call 1-866-802-8000.
- INFINITELY LOVING - HEAD TO TOES: The Infinitely Loving massage begins with a signature breathing ritual created to suit mind, body and spiritual needs. Chinese Jasmine enhances this deeply restorative massage, which begins with the back. Deep, calming strokes embrace and invite guests back to the center of their being, healing and relieving the body and muscle tension to restore balance. The feet are then treated to an ultra-lux exfoliating and masque treatment which will renew and restore hydration, moisture and youthful glow. Nails are also finely groomed and perfectly polished. The 120-minute treatment is $280 per person.
- TRANQUIL WE: Imagine floating in a copper tub while indulging in the aroma of orange blossom and vanilla followed by a cocoon wrap of tranquility to nourish, calm, and harmonize the body. A full face, neck, body and scalp massage is incorporated for complete bliss, providing a silky and balanced feeling. The 90-minute treatment for two is available for $590.
- FIT FOR TWO: The Fitness Center at The Spa is offering special classes for couples on Feb. 14, 15 and 17. Relax and focus inward, or on each other, with Couples Yoga on Feb. 14 at 4pm and Feb. 15 at 5pm – the 60 minute session is priced at $40 per couple. In addition, guests may choose to heat things up with a Couples Circuit Workout on Feb. 17 at 10am – the 60 minute session is priced at $40 per couple.
- GIRL’S BEST FRIEND: One always said that diamonds are a girl’s best friend. Terranea showcases this gem and its ability to provide anti-aging and brightening benefits through a traditional facial with a twist accompanied by a paraffin hand treatment. They say aging is seen on the hands and face. And The Spa desires to combat both. The 90-minute facial is priced at $295.
Valentine’s Day would not be complete without a romantic dinner. For the special evening and throughout the weekend, Terranea’s restaurants offer a variety of specialty menus to please any palate.
- PASSIONATE PRIX FIXE AT MAR’SEL: Terranea’s award-winning signature restaurant presents a prix fixe menu priced at $95 per person that is sure to spark one’s passion. Diners will delight in appetizers such as “Stone Cold Love” with Santa Barbara Stone Crab Salad and “Cheek to Cheek” Slow Braised Pork Cheek; entrees include “Flaming Love” Charred Bone-in Vintage Farms Rib Eye and “Sole Mate” Pan-roasted Dover Sole; dessert selections include “Apple of My Eye” with Baked Honey Crisp Apples and “Dark Desire” Spiced Dark Chocolate Tart. This romantic meal is sure to stir the senses. The special menu is available Feb. 14-16.
- PERFECT PAIR AT NELSON'S: The popular cliff-side eatery features a Valentine’s Day Beer Pairing Dinner featuring Angel City Brewery menu items, including a Shellfish Platter for Two featuring oysters, clams, crab legs, and lobster; Roasted Kurobuta Pork Chop with pretzel cheddar spoon bread and grain mustard sauce; and a Flourless Chocolate Torte with crème anglaise and raspberries for dessert. The menu is available Feb. 14 – 16, for $55 per person.
- TAPAS FOR TWO AT CATALINA KITCHEN: Catalina Kitchen has created a unique menu embodying its classic Mediterranean fare with an evening of Tapas for Two. The menu features Spanish Saffron Rice with garlic lobster tails, scallops, chicken, and sausage; Oysters on Ice; Crispy Green Lip Mussels with almond and scallion gazpacho; Olive Oil Shrimp with toasted garlic and red chili oil, Warm Almond Crusted Manchego Cheese with a hot garlic vinaigrette and slivered almonds; Squid with bacon and garlic oil; and Artisan Chocolate Truffles and Chocolate Dipped Strawberries for dessert. The specialty menu is available on Feb. 14-17 for $75 per person.
- INDULGE AT BASHI: Specialty menu items on Feb. 14 include: Geoduck Sashimi, Char Sui Berkshire Pork Belly, Miso Poached Lobster, Dungeness Crab Sticky Rice, Steamed New Zealand Snapper Filet, Five Spice Braised Snake River Farms Wagyu Short Rib, and Stir Fried Rice Cakes. For dessert, guests may indulge with Green Tea Crème Brulee, Sesame Tuille, Coconut Cream Pearl Tapioca, and Pineapple Sorbet.
- SWEET TREATS AT SEA BEANS: sea beans offers a variety of sweets to go including chocolate covered strawberries, an assortment of macaroons, a variety of pies, cookies, tarts and cakes. House made chocolates by Pastry Chef Pierino Jermonti are available in a heart-shaped box for $48. Custom orders are also available to create the perfect sweet treat for your special one.
- CHAMPAGNE TASTINGS: Guests will enjoy a selection of exclusive champagnes to celebrate the month of romance. Champagne selections include Dom Perignon, Dom Perignon Rose, Charles Heidsieck ‘Rare Vintage,’ Philipponat ‘Clos des Goisses,’ Ruinart ‘Blanc De Blancs,’ Moet and Chandon Rose, Perrier-Jouet ‘Belle Epoque.’ Each Tasting is accompanied by a fine selection of gourmet cheeses, Charcuterie and house made chocolates. Choose a flight of three for $45 or a flight of five for $60. Tastings will be held at mar’sel from 5-7pm on Feb. 6, 13, 20, 27, and in the Lobby Bar from 2-4pm on Feb 9, 16, 23.
- LOBBY BAR LIBATIONS FOR TWO: Enjoy a romantic after dinner cocktail at the Lobby Bar, which has concocted a mix of unique love potions for two. Infused with ingredients believed to be aphrodisiacs such as chocolate, chili peppers, mangos, vanilla and rosemary, the special Valentine’s Day potables are sure to turn up the heat. Try Potion # 9, a mixture of Chile elixir and mango – the ingredients are believed to enhance passion, and increase virility. Or order Potion # 13, whose ingredients includes a blend of chocolate, almond and Absolut vanilla and are said to enhance desire and fertility. Available on Feb. 9 – 16 for $20 per couple.
- FRIDAY NIGHT DATE NIGHT: While parents enjoy dinner at one of Terranea’s celebrated restaurants, children ages 2-12 enjoy fun of their own at the Tide Pool Kids Club. The program is offered every Friday night during the month of February, including Valentine's Day. Friday Night Kids Club is available for the special rate of only $25 per child. Advance reservations are required.
# # #
About Terranea Resort
Terranea, Los Angeles’ premier oceanfront resort, is located on Southern California’s Palos Verdes Peninsula. Amid unparalleled Pacific Ocean views, guests enjoy world-class accommodations with 582 rooms that range from hotel suites to bungalows, oceanfront casitas and spacious villas, which are also available for purchase as seaside second homes through Terranea Real Estate. Amenities include The Links at Terranea, a nine-hole par three golf course; award-winning 50,000 sq. ft. oceanfront spa and fitness center; three swimming pools and a 140-foot waterslide; marea luxury boutique; 135,000 sq. ft. of conference and meeting space; and eight dining venues, including signature restaurant mar'sel; Nelson's, a cliff-side spot ideal for whale watching; and Asian-inspired bashi. This Los Angeles resort’s innovative activity center and adventure concierge, Pointe Discovery, lets guests discover and explore Terranea’s rich terrain with miles of scenic coastal trails, secluded beach cove and ocean environment. Fun, enriching programs and activities such as habitat photography, falconry, kayorkle and paddle boarding also abound. Terranea Resort is owned by a joint venture comprised of Lowe Enterprises and JC Resorts and managed by Destination® Hotels & Resorts. A member of the American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts program and AAA Four-Diamond property, Terranea Resort made Travel + Leisure’s 2013 list of the 500 Best Hotels in the World and Condé Nast Traveler’s 2013 Gold List. For additional information about Terranea Resort, visit www.terranea.com. For more information, visit www.terranea.com, call 866-802-8000 or follow Terranea on Facebook and Twitter.
About Destination Hotels & Resorts
Destination Hotels & Resorts is an authentic collection of luxury and upscale independent hotels and resorts across North America. Offering enriching, locally-inspired experiences from alpine adventures and stunning beachfronts to urban landmarks, each property reflects the natural surroundings and culture of its distinctive locale. With more than 40 properties in premier travel destinations, including Aspen, Chicago, Denver, Lake Tahoe, Los Angeles, Maui, Miami, New Orleans, Phoenix, San Antonio, San Diego, Santa Fe, Seattle, Vail and Washington D.C., the award-winning portfolio features renowned golf courses, indigenous spas, and exceptional culinary venues. For more information on Destination Hotels & Resorts, visit www.destinationhotels.com. Follow us on Twitter: @Destination. Like us on Facebook: DestinationHotels.