Tide Pool Fun Guide for Kids
Terranea's inlet for imagination, The Tide Pool Kids Club makes our younger guests' vacations memorable. On the beach, under a microscope and on top of the bluffs, adventure leaders take kids on a journey through Terranea's history using creative activities, science experiments and locally inspired art projects.
Tide Pool Adventures provides children with an engaging and playful environment. Themed day and evening camp activities include:
- Project Build It: Creativity and handiness are all you need to bring with you to this camp; we’ll provided the tools for a fun time. Campers will get have fun projects that challenge them to make fort cities, box robot creating and much more.
- Flippers, Feathers, Fun!: With some help from Captain Gray and Suzy Blue kids will get to recreate Marineland’s magic. With our own Terranea team of birds of prey the camp will get a chance to visit and learn about these amazing creatures.
- Terranea’s Got Talent: Lights, Camera, Action! Campers will be the stars in their own talent show. Props need to be made, scripts written and songs performed…all we need is You.
- Outer Space Adventure: Four, three, two, one…imagine the Earth is below us and the stars are our playground. Campers will have an evening full of glow-in-the-dark activities, creating their own aliens and will learn a little about the stars and constellations.
- Splish, Splash Attack: Splish, Splash it’s a water attack! Campers bring your swim suit and Adventure Leaders will bring the water, what happens next is wet and wacky fun. Pool time is not included in this camp.
- Not so Bored Game: The only thing better than playing Monopoly, Clue or Snakes and Ladders, is creating your very own board game. With all the spinners, cards and dice on hand, campers get to make the rules. Pass go, collect $200 and head straight for the kids club.
- Return to Never Neverland: Just like Peter Pan , you can go on a hunt to find the buried treasure, walk the captain’s challenging obstacle course or outsmart the infamous captain Grey. Come sail away for a camp of exploration and adventure.
- Super Hero Showdown: POW! BOOM! ZAP! – It’s a Super Hero showdown of fun. Campers will test their super powers and practice their masked adventure skills transforming themselves into their own Super Hero.
Advance reservations are required. Please call (310) 265-2843.
For complete details please view the Tide Pool Activity Guide (PDF).
Shape Magazine – 5th Annual Healthy Travel Awards - “Most Kid-Friendly Resort”
Every family member will be entertained at this oceanfront Los Angeles area hotel.
- Elaine Glusac, freelance writer