Pointe Discovery is open from 9am to 8pm and is located on Terranea's main drive. Please call 310.265.2851 for more information and reservations.
Embracing the California lifestyle made popular by the Beach Boys, Terranea offers families ocean, sun and fun through a multitude of programs and amenities inspired by the region's natural beauty and active lifestyle. Whether competing in a friendly game of bocce ball, exploring tide pools, playing golf on the family-friendly Links at Terranea, kayaking along the beach cove, zooming down the Resort pool's waterslide or stargazing at night by the outdoor fire pits, Terranea promises "fun, fun, fun" for families vacationing at the Resort.
Children can have their own Terranea experience at the Tide Pool Adventure Camp for Kids, or families may choose from a variety of activities they can do together, including:
The Resort Pool is a hub for families during their vacation. Kids will enjoy slipping and sliding down the 140-foot water slide, and splishin' and splashin' in the Splash Zone. The pool area also features a large pool for swimming, two Jacuzzis, a fire pit and private cabanas with 22" flat screen TVs, iPod docking stations and poolside dining service.
Slide Rules for the Slide that Rules!
The Terranea waterslide delivers 140 feet of twisting turning thrills. In fact, it's so ridiculously fun, we had to make a few rules to keep the resort pool from going completely nuts. To ensure your safety and maximum enjoyment of the slide, please observe the following guidelines:
1. If you are taller than 48 inches and can swim by yourself, you can use the slide - but only if you read and follow the rest of the rules below. If you still have some growing to do and haven't quite passed you swim lessons, you get to laugh at the funny faces people make as they go down.
2. Arm floats and life vests without buckles are permitted to assist with swimming, but you'll still need to prove you don't need them.
3. The Lifeguard on duty is the Supreme Ruler of the Slide. He or she reserves the right to ask you to demonstrate your swimming ability; if you're not quite ready yet, you won't be able to use the slide. Period. We want you to enjoy all the other fun stuff at Terranea.
4. Only one person can be on the slide at a time. If you like tandem, try bobsledding.
5. Continuing from #4, parents may escort children to the top of the slide, where the child must be set free to ride the slide alone. Sorry, the one-person-at-a-time rule applies to parents and their children, too.
6. Your feet have to go first and you must be on your bottom or your backs. Even Superman has to slide this way when he visits Terranea.
7. Once you hit the splash pool at the bottom, please exit immediately. The sooner you get out, the sooner you can go back up and ride the slide again.
8. Please do not run up the stairs. It's not cool, and you're on vacation.
9. Please be nice and courteous and obey the instructions of the Lifeguard (you know, The Supreme Ruler of the Slide). Any behavior that the Lifeguard deems to be rowdy or unsafe will not be tolerated and will result in the loss of waterslide privileges.
Oh, and one more thing...if you can help keep the waterslide fun and safe, the Lifeguard just might tell you how to go really, really fast.
Active, Outdoor Fun
Organized activities give all members of the family an opportunity to partake in outdoor fun including:
- Golf: The Links at Terranea 9-hole par 3 golf course is inviting for families, and professional instruction is also offered.
- Bocce Ball: The resort's competition court allows guests to enjoy tournament-style fun. After-dark, the play continues with glow-in-the-dark bocce balls.
- Croquet Challenge: Set up tournament style, guests can test their skills against each other or activity leaders.
- Nature Walk: Self-guided nature walks along the scenic Discovery Trail highlight the coastline and introduce guests to the indigenous plants and wildlife.
- Family Fun Night: From Beach Blanket Bingo to hermit crab races and bubble blowing contests, families bond while participating in fun activities on the poolside lawn.
- Ocean Adventure: Terranea offers families a wide variety of ocean adventures including kayaking, snorkeling, and surf camps.
Dining For All
A variety of family-friendly dining options are offered at Terranea. Kids will enjoy Terranea's menus featuring a selection of their favorites with healthy and nutritious ingredients. Terranea's family dining options, include Catalina Kitchen, bashi, Nelson's overlooking the Pacific Ocean, sea beans coffee boutique, and Discovery Trail Refreshments adjacent to Cielo Point. Poolside service at the resort pool and in-room dining are also offered.
The dramatic setting with 270-degree panoramic ocean views; coupled with the impressive selection of resort activities makes the Terranea Resort one of a kind.