Earth Month Celebrations at Terranea
Visitors can enjoy guided nature walks, falconry workshops and environmentally friendly art projects with Art to Grow on, Inc., throughout the month. Along with the bi-monthly Chef’s Table Dinner Series, monthly Full Moon Yoga and annual Sea Salt Conservatory Celebration, the resort will host a number of eco-focused workshops and programs leading up to Earth Day that support the resort’s unparalleled coastal surroundings and give back to local non-profit organizations.
Honoring Terranea’s continuous interplay with nature, April events in celebration of Earth Day include:
- Spring's Bounty Chef's Table Dinner (April 6 at 6 pm): This intimate Farm-to-Terranea dining experience offers guests an evening to enjoy a seasonally themed menu, celebrating locally and sustainably grown and foraged ingredients. Prepared by Executive Chef Bernard Ibarra and Terranea Resort’s award-winning chefs, the Spring’s Bounty three-course dinner is paired with an exquisite selection of wines by DAOU Vineyards. A portion of the proceeds from the dinner benefits Palos Verdes Peninsula Land Conservancy. $240 per person (plus tax and service charge)
- Full Moon Yoga Gathering (April 10 at 7 pm): In celebration of the full moon, yogis of all levels are invited to Terranea Resort for a Full Moon Yoga Gathering. The class will take place on the Ocean Lawn under the light of the full moon and twinkling stars. Participants are asked to bring their yoga mats and contribute $20 to Palos Verdes Peninsula Land Conservancy.
- Sea Salt Conservatory Celebration with Sunset Ritual and ONEHOPE Wine Tasting (April 7 at 6:30 pm): In honor of Terranea’s Sea Salt Conservatory anniversary,guests are invited to a complimentary wine tasting by ONEHOPE Wine, the resort’s choice wine partner. ONEHOPE is committed to making a social impact with half of its proceeds donated to a variety of causes, including U.S. forest preservation and protection. The tasting will take place at the sea salt conservatory, used to produce Terranea’s own signature sea salt. Created using local sea water from the Pacific, the conservatory serves as a natural evaporation greenhouse resulting in high quality sea salt, ultimately enabling the resort to become sea salt-sustainable. A selection of wines will also be available for purchase to join in the effort of giving back.
- Oceanside Painting (April 21 at 11 am, 1:30 pm & 4 pm): Guests can let their inner artists take over with inspiration from the Pacific at Terranea’s Oceanside Painting classes led by OCDC Art and Design. Honoring the property’s wildlife, guests will learn how to paint a falcon, as waves crash against the coastal bluffs. 11 am & 1:30 pm for ages 7+ ($80); wine included at 4 pm workshop for ages 21+ ($100)
- Earth Month Art Projects with Art to Grow On Inc. (Saturdays, 1:00 - 4:00pm): In partnership with Art To Grow On, guests are invited to create their own Terranea masterpieces in celebration of Earth Day. Each Saturday in April will be a different themed project. $10 per participant will go back to Art To Grow On Children’s Art Center. All are welcome to join us from 1pm - 4pm on Nelson’s Lawn!
On Earth Day, April 22, visitors can enjoy the following at Terranea:
- Educational Green Wall (11 am-3 pm): Promoting awareness around sustainability, young guests can enjoy storybook reading and workshops highlighting how to recycle and compost at the on-property Educational Green Wall.
- Kelp Forest Kayak Clean Up (10 am-12 pm): Join Terranea’s coastal kayak tour, as the group participates in a trash pick up to clean the waterways along the way. Help declutter the resort’s surrounding kelp forest, which acts as a natural filter trapping the garbage, to preserve the Pacific. $80 per person; must be older than 8 years old
- PVPLC Planting Station (12-2 pm): Plant wildflowers native to Southern California. The flowers are drought tolerant and utilized by butterflies and other pollinators in the area. For something to remember the vacation by, guests can return home with their flowers-to-be. $5 participation fee is donated to Palos Verdes Peninsula Land Conservancy
- Earth Day Hike (2-4 pm): Led by Palos Verdes Peninsula Land Conservancy and one of Terranea’s naturalists, this special hike starts outside of the resort’s pointe discovery location and stops at a number of nature viewing points along the property. Among the coastal sage, guests may spot a California Gnat Catcher or an Allen’s Hummingbird, which are native to Southern California. Adults $10; free for visitors under 18
- Composting With The Help of sea beans (All Day): With a purchase of any coffee, the on-property café will offer a bag of coffee grounds for guests to use as compost in their gardens when they return home from the resort.
- Kids Club Earth Month Nature-Themed Party (5:30 pm): Little explorers can enjoy a nature-inspired night of fun at the Tide Pool Kids Club. The party will feature seed planting to learn about the plant cycle, as well as coastal hikes, crafts and a movie with dinner included. $85 per child
- Butterfly Cookie Decorating (11am – 2pm): sea beans invites guests to decorate their very own Suzy Blue Butterfly cookie while learning about the local butterflies. $4 per cookie
For more information or to make activity reservations, please call 310.265.2851.