Destination Dish of The Month: Recipe for Strawberry Rocket (Wild Arugula) Salad with Honey Walnuts & Point Reyes Blue Cheese
- ¼ c. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 each chives, finely sliced
- ½ tsp. Maldon sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 pint strawberries, stemmed & sliced
- 8 oz. baby wild arugula
- ¼ c. halved honey walnuts (recipe follows)
- 4 oz. Point Reyes blue cheese
- white balsamic vinegar, to drizzle, to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- half of a ripe avocado, medium dice
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 c halved walnuts
- 3 tbsp clover honey
To make the honey walnuts:
Put all of the ingredients in a large sauté pan. Lightly sauté over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes until walnuts are lightly brown. Reserve and let cool until ready for use.
To make the vinaigrette:
Put all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well to combine. Adjust for seasoning.
Plating the salad:
Place the cut strawberries into a bowl and pour the vinaigrette over the top. Gently toss to combine.
Place baby arugula in a large bowl, add marinated strawberries, honey walnuts, and avocado. Drizzle with Californian Extra Virgin Olive Oil and white balsamic. Place on serving dish, crumble blue cheese on top and finish with freshly cracked black pepper.